ChatShipper Knowledge base FAQ's
Question: Can push articles be used for suggesting replies / messages?
The article push (aka Proactive Aiding system) feature is an implementation of the following design goals:
- keep the backchannel clean by enabling more granular surfacing of articles;
- recommended: one event, trigger one article;
- trigger on conversation join, category select, form added, tag added, result send (not on fields)
It is optimized for step-by-step instructions, for the steps leading up to filling the form, one instruction at a time:
- join conversation -> surface article "Informal style for this customer"
- select category "Selling" -> surface article "Attention points when selling a house"
- select form "Put in a bid" -> surface article "Instructions for the bidding form"
- (...slot-filling bot kicks in to further guide agents field-by-field)
The article push feature was never designed to spoon-feed literal answers to agents after selecting a form; that function is better served by a slot-filling bot (agent-assist or direct-to-consumer).