What to do if ChatShipper is not working for you?
If ChatShipper has stopped working for you, here's some steps you can take. If you are experiencing one of the following issues:
- Stuck in any screen
- Seeing a popup message indicating you are *disconnected from the server*.
- Seeing a popup message indicating ChatShipper needs to be reloaded.
Try these troubleshooting tips to see if they will resolve your issue:
- Disable any browser extensions you have turned on
- Update your browser to the latest version
- Clear your browser’s history/cache/cookies
- Test for the issue in another one of our supported browsers below to see if the issue is isolated to only one browser or across multiple browsers
- Check your ability to establish a WebSocket
- Check the ChatShipper status page to see the current status of our servers
If you are still experiencing issues after trying the steps above, contact our Support Team. Be sure to indicate exactly which steps you’ve already tried so that we can better assist you.
Disable browser extensions
How to do this varies depending on which browser you're using. The important thing is to try to make sure nothing is interfering with your connection to ChatShipper (e.g. parental control software or ad-blocking).
To disable browser extensions:
Update your browser
ChatShipper only supports the most up-to-date, official browser version. You may run into issues with ChatShipper if you are running an outdated version of a browser. Ensure you have the best possible experience with ChatShipper by updating your browser to the latest version.
To update your browser:
Clear browser history & cache
To clear your history:
Try using a different browser or computer from the one you're currently using. This will help make sure there are no strange extensions, or malware.
ChatShipper works with the latest versions of:
ChatShipper does not work with:
- Internet Explorer 10
- Internet Explorer 11
- Developer or Beta versions of supported browsers
We test and develop for the list of compatible browsers and block access to ChatShipper from those browsers listed as incompatible above. This is in order to protect your data.
Some ChatShipper users may experience issues connecting over WebSockets when behind strict corporate firewalls or when using aged antivirus software.
If you’re having trouble establishing a connection to ChatShipper, we recommend the following steps:
- Test your connectivity here - if this site says that you have a successful WebSocket connection, you don’t need to do anything further
- Contact your IT department - your corporate firewall could be interfering with the connection. In this case, whitelisting *.chatshipper.com should be sufficient
- You may need to update your anti-virus or firewall to the latest version to ensure that it’s not blocking your connection
If you’re still experience issues, contact our Support Team.